jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http client timeout
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:43:19 GMT
On 28 August 2015 at 15:55, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Interesting. What is the lifecycle of a Sampler ? i.e. if the Sampler has
> already completed , what happens when the interrupt occurs?

Nothing, the interrupt() method should only take any action if the
sampler is active.
This is necessary for the Stop processing to work.

> Or if it moves
> on to the next sample (say if its in a loop) is that the same sampler
> instance or a new instance ?

Good point.

The same sampler intance.
However the Timer will be called again before the sampler starts, so
it can cancel (or reschedule) any outstanding Timers for that sampler
instance.

The BeanShell example is very simple, but it should be useful in simple cases.

> regards
> deepak
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 6:54 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The HTTP samplers support an interrupt method.
>> This is used when forcibly stopping a test.
>>
>> So one way to apply a timeout to a sampler is to interrupt it after
>> the timeout has elapsed.
>>
>> This can be done with a Timer using a scripting language such as BeanShell.
>> [Timers are run before the samplers to which they apply, and have
>> access to the current sampler through the context.]
>>
>> The following code is a very basic implementation for the BeanShell Timer:
>>
>> ===== cut here =====
>> import java.util.concurrent.Executors;
>> sampler=ctx.getCurrentSampler();
>> run=new Runnable() {
>>     public void run() {
>>           sampler.interrupt();
>>     }
>> };
>> tpool = Executors.newScheduledThreadPool(1);
>> // schedule the interrupt to occur in 5 seconds from now
>> tpool.schedule(run, 5L, java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit.SECONDS);
>> return 0; // don't actually wait
>> ===== cut here =====
>>
>> This works OK for me in some basic tests.
>>
>> Note that the sampler must implement Interruptible (the HTTP ones do).
>>

>> On 24 August 2015 at 10:32, Khan, Sadat A <Sadat.Khan@altisource.com>
>> wrote:
>> > that leaves me with checking the possibility to timeout the jmeter
>> command line in bash ( perhaps the timeout command ).
>> >
>> > regards
>> >
>> > Sadat Ali Khan

Message