jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graphing Responses
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:47:47 GMT
>What is the best way to extract variables from responses?
There isnt a *best* way - it depends on your response. Regex are by far the
most common  - but may not always work depending on whether the response is
regex friendly or not (for e.g. if your response is XML , then XPATH is
more reliable but much slower too)
>Which Listener should be used?
If you are running on the command line use -l to write to a result file. If
in GUI mode , all of the Listeners support writing to file (The filename
option - You could use simple data writer)
>Should I modify user.properties? As far as I can tell, the bin directory
does not have a user.properties file.
Both work .. usually if you have different settings for different tests you
can vary what gets picked up by having different property files. Please
read http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#configuring_jmeter

The command line options and properties files are processed in the
following order:

   - -p propfile
   - jmeter.properties (or the file from the -p option) is then loaded
   - -j logfile
   - Logging is initialised
   - user.properties is loaded
   - system.properties is loaded
   - all other command-line options are processed