jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Subhadip Bagui <i.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: how to send unique data for each thread in jmeter
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 06:36:15 GMT
I'm using jmeter to test my REST API for 10000 hit for which each http hit
will store some data in DB. I have followed the below test plan

[image: enter image description here]

I'm running 10 threads in parallel with ramp up time 20 sec each and loop
count 1000 to achieve the same.

[image: enter image description here]

But the issue here is my threads are not taking unique data set. Whereas my
backend HTTP URL expecting unique string for each http hit.

Now I have tried with the below approaches.

   1.

   Single CSV data set config with 10000 unique values and all threads in
   thread groups are reading the same data.
   2.

   Different CSV Data set for each threads and allocate the csv file with
   thread using filename${__threadNum}.csv
   3.

   Using jmeter _RandomString method to generate random strings on runtime
   for each http hit, in http post body I'm passing like

{"tenantName":"${*__RandomString*(15,abcdefghijklmnofqrst1234567#@#%^&*,)}"}

   1. Using BeanShell preprocessor to call a java method and generate
   unique pattern all the time win HTTP Request sampler.

Now none of the above approaches works for me. While running the test plan
after some point of time 2 threads are trying to use the same data and hit
my HTTP url. And I'm getting conflict error from http response. My error
count keeps increasing.

Now I really don't understand how these 2 treads trying to hit http with
same data?

Can some one please explain the issue and help me to set the correct test
plan configuration.

Regards,
Subhadip