jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Randomizing Loop controller Repetition Behaviour
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 15:26:31 GMT

Am 5. August 2015 08:44:14 MESZ, schrieb pubudu thilakaratne <pubuduv6@gmail.com>:
>Hi
>
>Thanks for the reply . But what I want to do is bit different than
>this. I
>want to repeat Search TC for 3 times, ViewItem TC for 2 times
>and CreateItem TC for once. But this repetition need to be done in a
>random
>manner. But at the end of the test  Search TC must executed for  3
>times ,ViewItem
>TC for 2 times and CreateItem TC for once. And all the Samplers should
>be
>executed.

If you want an overall ratio instead of per user, you can modify the if statements to check
for a range. For example for search the random number must be within 1 and 3, for view it
has to be between 4 and 5 and for create it has to be 6.

If the ratio has to be per user, you have at least two possibilities:

1. Use a random order Controller ( http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Random_Order_Controller)
and put search three times, view two times and create one times into the controller. You might
want to look at modules so you don't have to repeat yourself.

2. Use Javascript to get an index with the correct ratio and use a switch Controller ( http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Switch_Controller).
This could be achieved by an array with the names of the Samplers in the correct ratio, e.g.
three times search, two times view and one create. Shuffling that array and then looping over
it.
(The more I think about this, the more I tend to number one :)

Regards,

Felix