jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: HTTP Request Defaults & Header Manager
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 05:35:56 GMT

Am 28. Juli 2015 22:59:16 MESZ, schrieb Onl <onlineforumsinfo@nyc.rr.com>:
>Hi,
>We are using the test script recorder to create the test plan, and
>added a http request default to set the servername and port #. The
>'capture http headers' is turned on.
>
>But the referer field in the captured http header manager still has a
>hardcoded server name and port #.  How can we fix this?

Before you record your script you can define "user defined variables" which represent your
server name. Jmeter will then replace every occurence of the server bane in the recorded samplers
by the name of the variable. That includes http headers.

For more infos see http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html#proxy_server

If you have already recorded the script, you can replace the server name in the http headers
config by hand. They can probably be found below every http sampler.

Regards,
Felix