jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter: how to override Host header
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:41:20 GMT
>I’m sure that I’m not a first person who tries to load-test ‘virtual
server’ behind reverse/caching proxy and it is just a matter of time to
>find the solution for this.
We do have a reverse proxy for our app - and I either change my local
applications ports to match the real application or I setup a dummy reverse
proxy(because the reverse proxy has the URL rules for e.g. for SEO) that
allows me to use the same port (and swap out Hosts) - if I remember
correctly around Httpclient 3.x there wasn't a way to setup the port to be
different and you could do this in the Sun JDK by setting a couple of sun
specific headers if you were using the Sun implementation (but that would
need JMeter code change)
You probably need to see if this is possible in the latest versions of
HTTPClient - if yes then probably JMeter can be enhanced.