jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter + realtime Elasticsearch +Kibana
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:21:52 GMT
So you have (atleast) two approaches
a) Logstash is another tool that you have to download - it allows you to
parse files and send records to ElasticSearch. You then run your Jmeter
test as normal(no backend listener needed) and configure Logstash to read
JMeters result file. I did run into issues reading the file as JMeter was
writing it (probably windows + older version of logstash) - However if you
wait till the test is complete , it should be fine
You should find examples of how to do this on Google.
OR
b) You do it as the blog post describes where you send the results to
ElasticSearch using the backend listener. This adds some overhead but you
dont need logstash. The code thats provided as part of the post *should*
work for you (and you can change it if you need)

regards
deepak