jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to compare response or executed and recorded scripts in jmeter
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 20:13:41 GMT
>1.how to compare the response of recorded and executed scripts for finding
>dynamic parameters in jmeter.
Your script might not even execute correctly - so comparing responses
before you have modified the script is of little value . You can however
record two scripts that do the same thing (but which perhaps vary the data)
and compare the differences in what gets recorded (since the JMX file is a
text file you can compare it with anything that compares text files)

>2.is <http://2.is> there is any option of find and replase the correlated
value at once.
You define a User Defined variables element where the names match the names
of the dynamic parameters
See section 17.5 -- http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html

>3.how to use the shared variable in jmeter.
>eg:-I have two scripts how can I use the output of first script as input to
>second script.
Im assuming you mean two separate jmeter scripts that you are executing at
different times
When you say output you need to define what you mean . if you mean
variables then you can use sample_variables in Jmeter.properties to write a
CSV file , if you mean the response of some sampler you can write that too
using one of the listeners , if your needs are really custom , then use a
custom listener (or the ones that allow you to write your own code)

>4.where is the option to find the occurences of correlated values in
jmeter.
See answer to 2

>5.how to find the first ocurence of dynamic value in jmeter.
>please help.
For me I find it useful to actually look at the recorded script and
understand what the application is doing , which in turn tells me directly
what is dynamic.
Otherwise if you repeat exactly the same script (at a different time)  and
values change , those parameters are dynamic. If you repeat the same test
but vary your data (like username or product name) and values change for
some parameters then those are dynamic (obviously other than the username
or productname itself). if you change some other data - for e.g. like you
login with a user who has admin privileges v/s a normal user and things
change then those values are dynamic. And so on. there is no way to
automatically deduce such things in JMeter.

regards
deepak