jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use shared variables in Jmeter.
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 05:04:17 GMT
Hi
>Can we store the generated policy number at run time & pass it to second
script.
In general you can achieve this.
Im assuming you mean Two separate Jmeter scripts running as two separate
JMeter instances i.e. two separate processes. (If you mean two separate
thread groups or two separate threads within the same JMeter, you can get
an easier answer).
You can't *pass* data in the sense you probably mean - However you can have
one of the scripts write to a shared resource and you can have the other
script read from the shared resource. A shared resource that easily lets
you do this is any Database (though you can use anything that is shared and
accessible via a different process - even files, or JMS or ) - so you'd
just create a table and write data using one JMeter script listener and
read it from the other one - You get a few NoSQL stores that perform quite
well too if thats a concern.
You do have to solve your problems typical in this kind of Consumer -
Producer systems (What if the Consumer is too fast /slow . Does a producer
need to be linked to particular consumer etc) - but that depends on your
use case

regards
deepak