jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Rastogi <nitin.u...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Saving View Result Tree from WorkBench
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 12:27:27 GMT
Hi Erez,

I guess there is some confusion, let me explain it again.

When we record a script using HTTP(S) proxy recorder, all the requests and
corresponding responses are saved in the "View Result Tree" under
WorkBench. At the same time, requests are stored in "Recording Controller"
under Test Plan. Now, while customising the script we need to refer back to
server response time and again to put assertions, pre/post processors, reg
ex etc.

The problem is that when we save the script, it does not save the
request/response available in "View Results Tree" under WorkBench section.
Therefore, in case we close Jmeter for some reason, we will lose all these
requests/responses which is a problem if we have not completely customised
the script and need to work on it again after some time. We have to end up
recording the scenario again to see for some particular server responses so
as we can put post processor.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,
Nitin Rastogi