jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepa Jayapal <deepaj....@gmail.com>
Subject Mobile app testing - proxy method
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:44:32 GMT
Hi,

I need to test a native mobile app in Android using Jmeter. I am using
HTTP(s) test script recorder. I have done the below steps but Jmeter is not
recording any traffic from my Android app. Please help.

*Tool Configuration*:

On Mac, OSX Yosemite, I have -
Jmeter version - 2.13
java version "1.8.0_51"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.51-b03, mixed mode)

*Steps*:

1.       Added *Thread group*, within this – HTTP Req Defaults (Server name
– enter “jmeter.apache.org”) and Recording controller

2.       Within *work bench*, add – *HTTP(S) Test Script recorder* (port -
8090, click the “Add” button in “URL Patterns to Include”. This will create
a blank entry; enter “.*\.html”.) and listener: Add -> Listener -> View
Results Tree

3. In my android mobile, installed jmeter cert which was created in bin
folder after clicking Start on https test script recorder page.

4. Using Wifi, Edited wifi settings to - proxy-manual, gave my mac ip
address as proxy hostname, port - 8090.

Thanks,

Deepa