jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Onl <onlineforumsi...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Request Defaults & Header Manager
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:04:26 GMT
Thanks for input.  Perhaps I am missing something.

The http request samplers are working out fine, in that the "server name" and "port number"
are blank, and at playback time the http request default values are used.

However, the HTTP Header Managers (under each http request sampler), are still hard-coding
the server name and port number in the Referer field.

I don't think I can have a default HTTP Header Manager since not every http request sampler
has the same sampler.
EG:
some header managers have:  Referer:  http://myserver:8080/mypath/initiallogon
some header managers have:  Referer:  http://myserver:8080/mypath/homebase
some header managers have:  Referer:  http://myserver:8080/mypath/bypass

So when recording the test using the proxy, how can we tell jmeter to parameterize the server
and port in the http header manager referer value, but still capture the unique portion of
the referer value?   What do I define, where is it defined and where is it replaced?
The goal is to playback on any environment.

Thank you.

---- Felix Schumacher <felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:

> Am 28. Juli 2015 22:59:16 MESZ, schrieb Onl <onlineforumsinfo@nyc.rr.com>:
> >Hi,
> >We are using the test script recorder to create the test plan, and
> >added a http request default to set the servername and port #. The
> >'capture http headers' is turned on.
> >
> >But the referer field in the captured http header manager still has a
> >hardcoded server name and port #.  How can we fix this?
>
> Before you record your script you can define "user defined variables" which represent
your server name. Jmeter will then replace every occurence of the server bane in the recorded
samplers by the name of the variable. That includes http headers.

> For more infos see http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html#proxy_server
>
> If you have already recorded the script, you can replace the server name in the http
headers config by hand. They can probably be found below every http sampler.