jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to remotely check a JMeter slave machine?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:21:27 GMT
On 18 June 2015 at 10:07, Benjamin BALET <benjamin.balet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are setting up a load testing platform and developping some tools in go.
>
> We'd like to remotely check a JMeter load generator and (if possible) get
> some statistics or infos from a JMeter daemon. This will be from a utility
> developed in go (the language isn't the concern here) so outside from
> JMeter GUI. The idea is to display the status of the slaves machine (daemon
> up or down, latest errors, etc.).
>
> At first, I thought to try to open a network connection to the JMeter
> process, but I don't know if it would interfere with a load test in
> progress or if there is an API that would expose more information (errors,
> load genrator currently in use, etc.).

You cannot piggypback on the JMeter client-server connection which uses RMI.

> I've asked this question on SO and a user gave me this link :
> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html#beanshell_server
>
> Does it mean that the JMeter daemon is a BS server ? If so, can you give me
> some examples that will help me to reach my goal?

You can start a beanshell server as per the referenced documentation.
However that has absolutely no security, so is not advisable.

JMeter does not offer an API for obtaining information about its state.
However you can of course use OS facilities for checking the content
of log files and whether the process is still running, etc.

There is also JMX (Jconsole) but JMeter does not currently register any MBeans.