jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Roy" <roy.zhan...@sap.com>
Subject What's the logic of jmeter warm up before send the first request
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 09:46:29 GMT
Hi All,

I found when I start Jmeter, after click start request button, it will take about 5 seconds
to send the first request. It will take tiny time to send the successive requests. Or after
some time (e.g, 5 mins) after I send the last request, it will also take about 5 seconds to
send the next request. I think jmeter use this "5 seconds" for warm up before send the request,
but I don't know the details. Could you please tell me the details/reasons or correct me if
my assumption is wrong? Please feel free to let me know if you need additional info. Thanks
in advance!

The following is the jmeter test result and wireshark result screenshot, from the jmeter output,
it send the request at 02:28:22, but from the wireshark, it begin to establish TCP/IP connection
at 02:28:27 (about 5 seconds later).
Note: 10.6.115.217 is the windows server IP  installed with jmeter, 10.6.115.66 is application
server IP, the protocol is https.

[cid:image001.png@01D09324.BA8D42F0]

Thanks,
Roy