jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Donaldson <ndonald...@aconex.com>
Subject RE: Loop controller behaviour
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 00:27:08 GMT
Flavio,  thanks for responding here and in a second mail.   Sorry, my Test
Plan is very large, and quite complicated.   I tried to simplify it by
omitting anything I believed to be unnecessary (which I depict with
ellipses), but evidently what I posted wasn't clear.

1)  The essence of Test Fragment XYZ is:

- Test Fragment XYZ
-- CSV Data
-- RegExp Extractor ( refName: 'Fields' )
-- If Controller ( condition: "${Fields_matchNr}"!="0" )
--- BeanShell Sampler #1
--- Loop Controller ( count: ${Fields_matchNr} )
---- BeanShell Sampler #2
---- Counter ( start: 1, max: ${Fields_matchNr} )
---- BeanShell Sampler #3
---- HTTP Request
---- BeanShell Sampler #4
--- BeanShell Sampler #5

2)  This Test Fragment is referenced by a Module Controller as the only item
of a Thread Group.  (This structure might be odd, but there's a reason for
it, too long-winded to detail here).
3)  The 'Fields' array stems from a Regular Expression Extractor before the
If Controller in the Fragment (now shown above).
4)  I used five BeanShell Samplers to show what part of the Fragment is
executed, and to print ${Fields_matchNr} - it contains the correct/expected
number in each case (please see the logs in the original post).
5)  The data drawn from the CSV is as expected.

To stress: this Fragment works fine when the Thread Group has N threads and
a Thread Group loop count (ie. iteration count) of one:  I've called this
'concurrent execution' of N users.

However, when I specify one thread and N iterations for that thread (which
I've called 'sequential execution' of the same N users), the Loop Controller
of the Fragment is executed only for the first iteration, but not for
iterations 2..N.

I don't know why, and it's a bit of a show-stopper for me.

Nige