jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remote test execution
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 18:34:52 GMT

Works with the Linkedin Apps (for example) with HTTPS request.

1/ Start JMeter (fresh install)
2/ Create a sample test plan with the template "Recording"
3/ Under the WorkBench, choose the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder element,
and click on the "Start" button (botton)
JMeter will create a new dynamic KeyStore (bin/proxyserver.jks) and
export the Root CA public key (bin/ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA.crt file)

4/ Go to JMETER_HOME/bin, and copy the ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA.crt
file to a sdcard (or another way)
5/ Put the sdcard on your tablet/phone

6/ on your tablet/phone, use a file manager (I use the CM File Manager
from Cheetah Mobile on Play Store), go to the sdcard, click on
ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA.crt file, to import this Root CA (name for
example : JMeter)

(with this new Root CA in your phone as a 'true' CA, all fake ssl cert
generated dynamically by JMeter will be trusted on your phone.)

7/ Change your WLAN access to add the JMeter proxy (instructions below)
(stop/start wifi after)

8/ Start your app, and use it

9/ Follow all HTTP/HTTPS requests (from your app, but other background
task too) on JMeter, in the View Results Tree element (under HTTP(S)
Test Script Recorder).

Milamber

For reference (and manage the JMeter Root CA on your phone) :
http://wiki.cacert.org/FAQ/ImportRootCert#Android_Phones_.26_Tablets

CAcert user trusted certificates

Download the certificate files ('root.crt' and 'class3.crt') onto the
internal flash storage (the '/sdcard' or any subfolder). Browse to this
folder with the file manager and open 'root.crt'. Although there might
not be an icon for certificates and the files will have a '?'-icon,
files will be opened with the certificate manager, asking you for a name
to describe the to-be-imported certificate. If it is the first user
certificate you install, the Android Security Model forces you to use a
lock-screen to unlock your device (see "CAcert system trusted
certificates" if you really need to avoid this) Repeat with the
'class3.crt' file. Check if both certificate files are installed
correctly, Settings -> Security -> Certificates -> 'User'-section should
now list the certificates you have just installed.