jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remote test execution
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 15:06:45 GMT

On 16/05/2015 14:51, sebb wrote:
> The JMeter recorder (proxy) is intended for capturing local (i.e. same
> host) browser traffic in order to test a remote server.
>
> This requires that the browser can be configured to use a local proxy
> (i.e. JMeter's recorder).
> AFAIK, this cannot be done for most (any?) Android browsers or apps.

It's possible to use a proxy with a WLAN connection on Android (for
browsers and some apps)
When your are connect on your wifi acces, return on Settings, Wifi, long
press on your Wifi connection name, Modify, Display advanced settings,
add proxy settings (the jmeter machine on same network - ip and port of
jmeter recorder)

Works on my android tablet (Android 4.2.2) with firefox (for https need
to accept an exception) and for some apps (only in http).

Milamber