jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bo Bodnar <bbod...@cleversafe.com>
Subject Re: Multiple system under test with Jmeter
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:27:23 GMT
I’ve done this before using a single server dedicated for Jmeter
concurrently targeting two different computers.  Some experiences:

1). I used two thread groups (easier this way).
2). The target machines had activities timestamped and stored in local log
files - this required all computers to synchronize to a common clock.  I
used a CENTOS computer running as a stratum-2 clock and synchronizing to a
bunch of NIST stratum-1 time servers.  The (application) log data could
then be correlated with Jmeter load.
3). Jmeter and target machines were windows-based; this required modifying
the registry to change the default 1/week time synchronization to 1/hour
synchronization.  This change eliminated clock drift.
4). All work was done in a dedicated performance lab that was isolated
from outside load - this reduced variance in latency/execution time; the
only outside access was via one of the NICs on the time server.

I hope this helps,

Bohdan Bodnar