jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple system under test with Jmeter
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:27:18 GMT
>Thanks. I am very new Jmeter.
Probably better if you write some basic tests to get a feel for Jmeter
before trying multi -env

Option b would look like
Thread Group0 - Actual Steps (Disabled)
+Simple Controller
++Your samples (Probably name depends on ${env})
Thread Group1 - Env 1
+Module Controller (--> Thread Group 0 --> Simple Controller)
+ HTTP Request defaults (Server Name = Env1)
Thread Group2 - Env 2
+Module Controller (--> Thread Group 0 --> Simple Controller)
+ HTTP Request defaults (Server Name = Env2)
Summary Report Listener

Basically you have Thread Group 0 which defines what your actual test is
You have Thread Group 1 which includes these steps but sets up an HTTP
Request default to change the server name that is being pointed to. You
repeat this for the number of environments you have , and fInally have a
listener scoped to the test plan which will collect results from all the
Thread Groups (In order to be able to differentiate the results from one
another , you might need to prefix your step name with env)