jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sergio Boso <ser...@bosoconsulting.it>
Subject Jmeter error: jmeter.samplers.SampleResult: sampleEnd called twice java.lang.Throwable: Invalid call sequence
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 09:17:35 GMT
Hi everybody,

in a rather large test environment, I'm facing the following error:

2015/04/24 16:44:47 ERROR - jmeter.samplers.SampleResult: sampleEnd called twice java.lang.Throwable:
Invalid call sequence
     at org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleResult.sampleEnd(SampleResult.java:1064)
     at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:421)
     at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
     at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1146)
     at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1135)
     at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:434)
     at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:261)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

in the sample result field, I get the following message:
     Non HTTP response code: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

_Environment information:_
- Jmeter 2.13, r1665067
- distributed environment, 4 slaves, with Windows 2012: the error is evenly distributed
- the master just harvests results, non GUI mode
- JVM:
     java version "1.7.0_55"
     Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.55-b03, mixed mode)

Other info:

  *      this does *not* happen when running a single thread
  *      this happens only on a specific sampler, error rate is around 10%
  *      the sampler is a pretty simple HTTPS GET operation, Http4 client implementation
  *      I also get several other errors, like 503 and connection exception: global error
rate is around 1%

The last info brings me to guess that  this is induced by a server-side error, however I cannot
guess what is going on.
Unfortunately, the test is reserved and I cannot share the script and login information.

Any though? suggestions? other possible tests to do?

Thank you in advance, best regards

Sergio