jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bob Nance <bob.na...@novationsys.com>
Subject Re: Scripting a new-user signup
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 12:40:48 GMT
Apparently, my mail program encoded the addresses, below and the mailing list filter displayed
the link inline. I have cleared the issue, below.

> On Apr 2, 2015, at 7:17 AM, Bob Nance <bob.nance@novationsys.com> wrote:
>
> I have been tasked to create a script that will load-test a sign-up process. I have captured
the process and need to alter it to create a new user for each thread.

> I have two issues, one I think I understand how to do, the other, not so much.
>
> 1) The unique email is being handled by a Counter object when the form is POSTed. The
Counter is referenced as “usercounter” starting at 101, incrementing by 1. The username
I am posting is:

registration[email] jmeter${usercounter}@bogusemail.com

I am 75% sure that this will do what I want, with each thread using an incrementing number
for its run (the first will sign-up a user named “jmeter101@bogusemail.com” and the 10th
will sign-up a user named “jmeter111@bogusemail.com” )

> 2) The form, however, passes a hidden variable to the browser that has to be passed back
in the POST. The number is unique and has to match what was handed to it.

> <input class="hidden form-control" id="registration_enrollment_id" name="registration[enrollment_id]"
type="hidden" value="2”>

> The developer sent me that snippet. The “value=‘2’ ” is unique for this registration
and I need to be able to extract that data from the page source so that I can pass it back
through the thread’s POST. At this point, I am LOST! Where do I find this in the recorded
transactions? It was obviously extracted, since the POST that I sent back in the first test
included the pair:

> registration[enrollment_id] 2
>
> Can anyone provide me a method for pulling the page source information for the form so
that I can get this unique number? The enrollment fails without it and I can’t even test
if my ${usercounter} works, either, since I can’t see the registration pass with the missing
enrollment_id. The registration for the first user, the one created during the recording,
worked great, since my browser handed back the correct number (that time the number was 2214)

> I have used jmeter to load-test page loads and form fills, before, but this is the first
time I have had to manipulate the data. I need help!