jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Erez Naim" <e...@theneura.com>
Subject RE: Need to insert a variable into the head of a POST
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:55:15 GMT
Hi Bob,

Are you trying to extract the value and use it in the same thread group? In case you try to
use it in another thread group  you have to make a pre-step before using it.

BR,

Erez

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Nance [mailto:bob.nance@novationsys.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:51 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Need to insert a variable into the head of a POST

I have extracted the value of a token from meta data sent by a form and put that into a reference
variable. Now, I need to put that variable into a value pair in the head of the POST that
follows.

I thought I could just go to the script, into the "HTTP Header Manager” and add a line that
says:

   X-MYTOKEN		${mytoken}

But, when I do that, jmeter sends the literal “${mytoken}” in the HEAD.

What am I doing wrong?

-Bob