jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Erez Naim" <e...@theneura.com>
Subject RE: Apache JMeter Vs SoupUI for API Functional Testing?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:05:27 GMT
Assertion in Jmeter is useful and very reliable... I use it all the time, if u want I can send
u a script I wrote in order to test API.

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit Kumar [mailto:amit.srpce@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:51 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Apache JMeter Vs SoupUI for API Functional Testing?

Thanks for the reply Erez.

I have some experience in JMeter, it is very useful tool. But I haven't use JMeter as a functional
testing tool.

So, have you ever come across any difficulty while using the JMeter for API functional automation?

Moreover, in SoapUI, you can convert the requests to test cases, test suite, etc. But JMeter
doesn't have anything like this. (I don't have any experience in SoapUI)

And what about assertions in Jmeter? Are they sufficient for functional testing?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Erez Naim <erez@theneura.com> wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> In general Jmeter is for load testing, SoapUI is a great tool for
> testing API's , however , if u ask me, I think that Jmeter is a better
> tool for it for several reasons:
> 1. Full support and free support for Jmeter (you got this user mail
> list so u know it.. lol).
> 2. Jmeter is license free for full version in difference from SoapUI
> which is license depended ?(in order to get full version that will
> support all types).
> 3. You can use Jmeter in one bit for load testing or functional testing.
> 4. It is easy to learn and to launch a new script within minutes.
> 5. Actually I am using Jmeter at the moment for testing our API's and
> it's doing a wonderful job and I can use it both as I said for load
> and functional testing.
>
> So, I think that the choice of which tool to use is quite obvious.
>

> BR,
>
> Erez

Thanks and Regards,
Amit