jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Erez Naim" <e...@theneura.com>
Subject RE: Apache JMeter Vs SoupUI for API Functional Testing?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:54:58 GMT
Hi Amit,

In general Jmeter is for load testing, SoapUI is a great tool for testing API's , however
, if u ask me, I think that Jmeter is a better tool for it for several reasons:
1. Full support and free support for Jmeter (you got this user mail list so u know it.. lol).
2. Jmeter is license free for full version in difference from SoapUI which is license depended
?(in order to get full version that will support all types).
3. You can use Jmeter in one bit for load testing or functional testing.
4. It is easy to learn and to launch a new script within minutes.
5. Actually I am using Jmeter at the moment for testing our API's and it's doing a wonderful
job and I can use it both as I said for load and functional testing.

So, I think that the choice of which tool to use is quite obvious.

BR,

Erez

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit Kumar [mailto:amit.srpce@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:22 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Apache JMeter Vs SoupUI for API Functional Testing?

Hello Friends,

I am in process of finalizing the automation tool for API (both REST and
SOAP) functional testing. But I am completely confused at the moment.

So, for API (both REST and SOAP) functional testing which tool will be useful? JMeter or SoapUI?

It will be great if you share you views.

Thanks in advanced.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Amit