jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to pass 200 reqs/2 millisecond in thread group
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 15:53:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm surprised by those requirements myself. But for applications that
respond to very small requests, it might be possible.

If your system supports 20 concurrent requests, how do you plan on
achieving 200/ms? At 120ms response times, 1 thread will be able to make at
best 8 requests per second. You have to plan your test depending on this.
You can generate a high spike of traffic with JMeter, even if your server
isn't able to handle all the traffic. You will simply need enough threads
to generate that much traffic as you require. The test client machines must
also be able to allow that many network connections as you need in order to
generate that kind of traffic.

Cheers,