jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Colin Freas <colinfr...@gmail.com>
Subject jmeter out of memory on 4gb streaming response (1 request, 1 thread)
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 03:00:32 GMT
I'm testing a REST call that streams data back in a response.  JMeter works
fine with small files, but when I stream a 4gb file, it just chokes, every
time:  "ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed!
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit"

Some troubleshooting I have already tried:
    * modified the heap to 6gb (running on a MBP with 16gb)
    * running headless
    * no listeners

These tests are just for throughput and performance.  I don't need a single
byte from the response.  My first thought is to just tell JMeter to discard
it.  Is there a way to do that?

If there's a different approach here, I'm open to ideas.  Really any
suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
Colin