jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Chamara Ariyarathne <chama...@wso2.com>
Subject Questions with "Number of samples to aggregate" parameter in JMS Publisher and Subscriber
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 21:22:11 GMT
I'm currently using the JMS Publisher and Subscriber samplers to do a
performance test for Topic Subscriptions of WSO2 Message Broker product.

There I got to this confusion.

1. As the first step I need to send 100,000 messages with 1 thread with JMS
Publisher and receive the same with JMS Subscriber
2. I can do that by keeping the Thread count to 1 and Number of Loops to
100,000
3. The other option I can think of is I can set the Loops to 1 and Number
of samples to aggregate to 100,000.

Now my questions are,

1. If I set the loop count to 100,000 does it create, drop and recreate the
jms connections to the broker topic? If so, does that mechanism add any
extra overhead to the TPS and Latency values?

2. If I set the Number of samples to aggregate to 100,000 will the JMeter
send all of those messages in one connection? If so, does JMeter send those
messages one by one?

3. Otherwise does JMeter try to send the messages as a one pile as defined
in Number of samples to aggregate? If that's so, in a given heap memory
allocation (2GB) what number will be suitable for that parameter, for
JMeter to withhold?

--
*Chamara Ariyarathne*
Senior Software Engineer