jmeter-user mailing list archives

From jmeterdev <k_ky...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Java API to generate JMX files
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 02:45:43 GMT
Dave Newton wrote
> I've been using various DSLs to create jMeter test plans for years and
> couldn't imagine doing it in Java instead.

Well see we don't have Ruby integration.  In English, I don't have a Ruby
interpreter/compiler that would run on the customer's middleware server...
The middleware solution uses either a 4th Generation Proprietary Language
(4GL+) or Java.

We don't want to force customers to install all kinds of software in "each
one" of their environments just so that they can have some BASIC
automation/generation of test cases/plans.

In my book, whatever the JMeter GUI does in Java is what a Java API should
be able to do also.  Replication 100% accuracy - no differences.

But I am open to discuss what DSLs can be used to create jMeter plans.  I
doubt I will be given a Java API in the next month! :P

Many thanks for your input and help!

Kristopher