jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter Response data help
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 17:34:32 GMT
On 4 December 2014 at 10:31, Pratik Oza <ozapratik@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Jmeter and have learnt few things which are still of beginner
> level.
> I have created a simple Test Plan for eCommerce website where, I entered the
> URL and the Path for navigating different pages. While checking it in View
> results in tree in response data tab in HTML view, the page shows the Login
> page, with error message as the unsupported browser version, but the request
> shows successful with no error.

If the site depends on a particular browser version to work, then you
need to provide a suitable User-Agent string using the

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Header_Manager

By default, JMeter only marks a response as unsuccessful if the HTTP
reply has a failed status - e.g. 404.
However in most cases a failed login returns a HTML page with status
200; the content of the page says whether or not the login was
successful.

Use a Response Assertion to check that the page looks OK.

In your case if the script does not work after you have fixed the
User-Agent then try adding a Cookie Manager.

Please read the User Manual, including:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/build-web-test-plan.html