jmeter-user mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK Support <supp...@ubikloadpack.com>
Subject Re: jmeter thread limits
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:10:21 GMT
Hi,
The limit really depends on your system and your test plan.
If you follow JMeter Best-practices :

   - http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html
   - http://www.ubik-ingenierie.com/blog/jmeter_performance_tuning_tips/

you can easily go to much more threads .

For example we currently load without any problem more than 3500 threads
with 1 JVM on a real life ecommerce website with 8 vCPU + 6 Go Xmx and
there are reports of tests with more than 10K threads on a AWS m1.xlarge
with a 64 bit processor, 4 virtual CPUs and 15 GB RAM.

You can also use distributed testing if you want to go up.

Finally if not enough there are a lot of Cloud offers (free and commercial)
based on JMeter

Regards

@ubikloadpack

--