jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Schouten, Xander" <xander.schou...@cgi.com>
Subject RE: Signon to application as different users types
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 15:19:54 GMT
Hello,
Suggest to use 2 login  each with its own login user file.  Drawback equal number of user
logings.  Or 1 login 1 login user file. (you determine sequence of login for unlimited # of
Users) both have examples in doc.

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards /  Mit freundlichem Gruß, :-)
Xander Schouten | NL UNT CS Region West | CGI
Tel: 088 5648300 M: 06 1560260

-----Original Message-----
From: rxfillpharm [mailto:rxfillpharm@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: maandag 10 november 2014 15:58
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: Signon to application as different users types

Hello,

I have a successful test that signs on and signs off.
I pass in a user type then increment the user name using the counter function. ie:  runuser${mycounter}
The server connection log shows these users signing on:
   runuser1
   runuser2
  etc.
But this way I can only test what ever user type I set at the start of the jmeter test.

Now, I want to  have jmeter use different user types.
We have read-only users who can just run reports,
and developers who can create and run reports.   The server
connection log will look something like this:
   runuser1
   developer1
   developer2
   developer3
   runuser2
 etc

Is there a way to tell jmeter whatever the thread value is, half should be run only type users,
and the other half should be deverloper type users?

Each type of user will have different types of assertions since they have access to different
content.  However they should all hit the server at the same time.

Any ideas? Thank you.