jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Spoofing in Jmeter
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:11:26 GMT
On 26 November 2014 at 17:40, Lorenzo Fundaró <lorenzofundaro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lorenzo Fundaró García
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 6:09 PM, rxfillpharm <rxfillpharm@yahoo.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I think ip spoofing is a way to simulate traffic coming from different
>> clients.
>> Can any tell the benefits of ip spoofing with Jmeter, why people use
>> spoofing?
>> Is there any doc on how to do set it up?
>>
>> Is there any other way to simulate traffic from different machines versus
>> all threads coming from one jmeter client?
>>

> Yes, sure !
> Jmeter supports distributed tests ! :)
>
> check this out
>
> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/remote-test.html

Client server mode will indeed send traffic from multiple IP
addresses, but it is not really IP spoofing.
The requests are sent from the IP address(es) of the server host(s).
No spoofing is involved.

JMeter also supports IP source address selection.
This is where the host has multiple IP addresses (multiple network cards).
The HTTP Sampler can be configured to select the appropriate IP
address to be used as the source address.

However, this is not really IP spoofing. It is just choosing which
exisiting  IP address to use.