jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Robert Inder <rob...@interactive.co.uk>
Subject Re: Can I use a variable in a Configuration Element?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:41:07 GMT
On 20 November 2014 00:10, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In any case, what is the best way to achieve what I'm trying to do?
>> To get each thread to use a different CSV Data Source file?
>
> ${__threadNum} might work.

Hmmmm.   OK, I'll give that a go.

> But do you really need to use a different file for each thread?
> Would it not be simpler to share the file between all the threads?

Simpler, yes.  But not as good.

We're providing a service for a number of different clients.
Each client has their own data, and with variations on the software
versions they
are using.  So the requests clients can sensibly launch are similar,
but different.

I ASSUME that n users/threads exercising one client's system will stress
the system less than n users each exercising a different client's system,
because it will allow more things to be cached.  But I'd like to get some
measure of that.

My plan is to have files that are each full of data/operations that are
sensible for one client, and then have some number of threads using
different files, and thus working (sensibly) as a single client without having
to parse any of the forms or data being sent to that client.

Is there a better way I could to do this?

Robert.