jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tim Koopmans <...@flood.io>
Subject Re: Coding JMeter tests
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:09:53 GMT
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Dzmitry Kashlach <dzmitrykashlach@gmail.com
> wrote:

> additional conversion can be a source of bugs

Converting from the source xml (jmx) to DSL objects in Ruby could possibly
be a source of bugs. Using XML as an IDL seemed like the simplest way to
bridge two different components (Java & Ruby) at the time -- especially as
I wrote the original gem at a code camp / weekend ..

There might be smarter ways to do it the next time around. I think DSLs
should favour options/styles of the language they are written, and ideally
be made available in different languages - much the same as webdriver has
evolved. Perhaps what's missing is an API to drive JMeter itself.

The GUI is not so relevant for me anymore but I probably get more practice
writing and supporting tests written using the DSL for flood than is the
norm.

ViewResultsTree is hard to replace without some other form of proxy to
debug your DSL specs. I have been meaning to contribute a headless plugin
along those lines that helps debug request/response pairs etc ..

Regards,

Tim Koopmans

[image: Flood IO Pty Ltd] <https://flood.io>