jmeter-user mailing list archives

From SanderW <san...@performancearchitecten.nl>
Subject Re: how to simulate 1000 concurrent user using jmeter
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:24:05 GMT
Hi Harry,

harry2 wrote
> Is that possible to simulate 1000 to 10000 user to jmeter?

That depends on several factors, like the complexity of your script and on
the OS you are running JMeter on (32/64 bits). Is it possible to do
distributed testing? Make sure you run from command line.

harry2 wrote
> Thread user = 1000, Ramp up = 10 ,is this means it will test 1000 user in
> 10sec?, Loopcount = 1, is there a disadvantage if I put 10 here ,is this
> means 1000x10 user = it will simulate 10k user?

No, it means that a 1000 users will be added during the ramp-up period of 10
seconds, so 1 user per 0,01 second. Loopcount=1 means that the script will
only be executed once for each user.
So if you want to run a test for a hour and you don't know how often the
script will be executed (you should be able to know this) then you use "Loop
count = forever"

harry2 wrote
> Is 1 thread group can simulate 1000 concurrent user?

See my first answer.....it depends on several factors, but functionally it
should be possible.