jmeter-user mailing list archives

From rxfillpharm <rxfillph...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Signon to application as different users types
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:58:16 GMT
Hello,

I have a successful test that signs on and signs off.
I pass in a user type then increment the user name
using the counter function. ie:  runuser${mycounter}
The server connection log shows these users signing on:
   runuser1
   runuser2
  etc.
But this way I can only test what ever user type I set at
the start of the jmeter test.

Now, I want to  have jmeter use different user types.
We have read-only users who can just run reports,
and developers who can create and run reports.   The server
connection log will look something like this:
   runuser1
   developer1
   developer2
   developer3
   runuser2
 etc

Is there a way to tell jmeter whatever the thread value is,
half should be run only type users, and the other half
should be deverloper type users?

Each type of user will have different types of assertions since
they have access to different content.  However they should all
hit the server at the same time.

Any ideas? Thank you.