jmeter-user mailing list archives

From SanderW <san...@performancearchitecten.nl>
Subject Sub-samples depth of Regular Expression Extractor
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:42:19 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question concerning the depth of which the Regular Expression
Extractor searches.
I have the radiobutton "Main sample and sub-samples" selected and I'm
scripting a .NET application that uses frames.

The main.aspx loads several other aspx pages of which one page
(frameset.aspx) has children of its own.
I want to capture some variables from the ItemList.aspx with the Regular
Expression Extractor.

- Main.aspx
-- Notifications.aspx
-- StreamFile.aspx
-- Frameset.aspx
--- Treemenu.aspx
--- ItemList.aspx

If I place the Regular Expression Extractor beneath the Main.aspx it *won't*
capture the variables.
If I place it under Frameset.aspx it *does* capture the variables.

So it looks like the Regular Expression Extractor only looks 1 sub deep.
I this correct?

A work-around is to exclude the aspx-pages in the URLs must match field of
the Embedded resources part, but this takes more scripting time.

Kind Regards