jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Zyaad Gungapersad" <zyaad.gungaper...@prodigious.mu>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 2.12 released
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:02:37 GMT
Hello All,

I have downloaded the new version but I am getting an error message when launching the jmeter.bat
file even after specifying the java path ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe")
in the jmeter.bat file.

My config: Win 8/Java7Update71 (x86)

Error Message: Not able to find Java executable or version. Please check your Java installation.
Errorlevel=2

Note: I have tried it on a Windows 7/Java8 and it is working fine. Also, my Jmeter version
2.11 is working fine on my Win8/Java7Update71 (x86) machine.

Can  someone please help on this issue?

Thank You.
Kind Regards
Zyaad

-----Original Message-----
From: Milamber [mailto:milamber@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 2:45 PM
To: JMeter Dev List; JMeter Users List
Cc: announce@apache.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 2.12 released

Hello,

The Apache JMeter team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache JMeter 2.12 (r1636949).

This release brings the Java 8 compliant, few improvements in JMeter performance, some new
features (Critical Section Controller, DNS Cache Manager, Undo/Redo behavior as an alpha preview,
etc.) and fixes some bugs.

You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to illustrate improvements
and full list of changes at:
http://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html

JMeter 2.12 requires Java 6 or later to run.

== All users are highly recommended to upgrade  ==

The Apache JMeter application is a 100% pure Java application designed to test server applications.
It can be used to:
   * generate test loads
   * measure performance.
   * test functional behavior
It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, MongoDB, FTP, LDAP, TCP, native
calls and others.
It can also be easily extended with user-written code.

See http://jmeter.apache.org/

Users are highly encouraged to read the JMeter Best Practices section:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html

The release can be downloaded from:
http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS

Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to download the source
archive.

However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
See the "Getting Started" page for details:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html

JMeter artifacts can be downloaded on Maven Central :
      <groupId>org.apache.jmeter</groupId>
      <artifactId>ApacheJMeter</artifactId>
      <version>2.12</version>

Enjoy!