jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar)" <B...@panduit.com>
Subject Associating Regular Expression Extractor reference name with thread number
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 20:47:31 GMT
I've a problem I can't find an answer to; I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can
give me a pointer or two.  Here is the background:

I'm running a script in jmeter 2.9 that currently has one "user" (i.e., thread).  The script
makes an API call that returns a numeric value that is stored in a (reference name) identity
by the Regular Expression Extractor; currently, the name is hardcoded to "CAT1ID".  The value
of this identity (i.e., ${CAT1ID}) is used in a later portion of the script.   For a single
modeled user, the script works exactly as intended.  I wish to increase the number of users
(i.e., threads) and have unique identities associated with each user.  For example, if I have
three threads, I'd like to have CAT1ID, CAT2ID, and CAT3ID and I wish to later pass the values
of these identities to other portions of the script.  I'm requesting help with the following:

1). How should the reference name identifier be written?  I tried CAT${__threadNum()}ID but
I'm not certain this is working correctly.
2). How should I reference this identifier in subsequent calls?

Thank you very much,

Bohdan Bodnar