jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Schouten, Xander" <xander.schou...@cgi.com>
Subject RE: Question regarding Thread Groups
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:26:58 GMT
In manual  and examples
Thread group elements are the beginning points of any test plan. ...
Multiple threads are used to simulate concurrent connections to your server application
.
Max load  by looping  multiple Scenario's with thread groups and  looping multiple controllers

Therefore the scope of threads variable is important for process use on cpu.  So define on
each scenario.

I am running tress test.
Running#Users/load%: 5K/20%, 15K/50%, 25K/90%  concurrent run on 2 load servers (web cluster)
with 40 Scenario's.
Only using simple controllers with mix of POST,  FTP  and validate external.
Duration of test is < 1 hour.
Testplan is max 4 level deep otherwise I will encounter problems running jmeter

However if your server is configured to monitor or maximize the number of threads, processes
or resources than you will not reach the max load. This is often the case for hosted virtual
servers.

Hope this help.

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards /  Mit freundlichem Gruß, :-)
Xander Schouten