jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Multiple KeyStore Configurations
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 01:27:29 GMT
On 15 October 2014 15:35, George <bamboocha324@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i need your help regarding the KeyStoreConfig element.
>
> Well i have setup a key store and everything works good. I have no configuration problems
regardings my certs my keys or my keystore etc etc.
> So i have 3 certs.
> [0] cert 1
> [1] cert 2
> [2] cert 3
>
> i can see all 3 cert's using the keytool -list -keystore /path/to/kestore command.
> Perfect.
>
> Now i can set up a test plan with one thread and a simple https request.
> Of cource i set up the KeyStoreConfiguration element and put "0" for start and "2" for
end index.
> I do not use any variables.
>
> Then i let the thread run 3 times or 10 times or 50 times and i see that every thing
works perfectly.
> I see the login with cert [0] then with [1] then with [2] then again with [0] then with
[1] and [2] and again with [0] and so on and so forth.
> Perfect.
>
> But now i want to do the following
>
> I create a second thread
> I create a second KeyStoreConfiguration
> I use the same https request
>
> I configure the KeyStore index to start at 0 and end at 0 (so take only the first cert)
> I confugire the KeyStore index in the first thread to start at 2 and end at 2 (so take
only the third cert)

> Now i let the test plan run and in the JMeterLogger Panel i see that BOTH key stores
will be created.
> The first one starting at 0 and ending at 0 and the other starting at 2 and ending at
2.
> BUT i also see that jmeter.util.SSLManager is creating only one instance.
> This means that for BOTH threads in BOTH https request only once cert will be used.
>
> I have tried to do some beanshell stuff like "SSLManager.getInstance().reset()" and i
also did some other stuff with KeystoreConfig.testEnded() and KeystoreConfig.testStarted()
etc etc.
> But nothing works.
>
> Anyone got some ideas?

KeyStoreConfiguration is a Configuration element; these generally are
resolved at the start of a test.

> I want to have
>
> TestPlan
> ---> Thead 1
>             ---> KeyStoreConfig index 0 - 0
>             ----> Https request using cert on index 0
>

> ----> Thread 2
>            ----> KeyStoreConfig index 2 - 2
>            ----> Https request using cert on index 2
>

> But so far the SSLManager will initialize the Keystoreconfig only once for the whole
test plan.

> Btw.
> I can't use CSV file with cert aliases because my https request which do the login to
my https server do extract the CN directly from the cert to login.
> Thus there is no login parameter i need and can sent. So i do not need the variable to
pick the cert out.

Some suggestions to try.

Use two different thread groups
Use two different JMeter instances