jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFound LagartoBasedHtmlParser debian jessie
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 19:27:58 GMT
On 3 October 2014 20:22, Herbener, Martin - Division of Engineering
and Management <martin.herbener@education.ky.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a simple HTTP test and run it successfully on Windows 7 using jmeter 2.11.
   I installed all the jmeter packages (version 2.11-2) using Synaptic Package Manager on
Debian Jessie (Debian testing release), allowing the package manager to choose the required
additional packages.  I can start Jmeter and Help-About says version 2.11.20140918.  When
I run a very simple test on the Debian jmeter install (a test very similar to the one that
runs on Windows) I get the following error in the jmeter.log file:

> ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HTMLParseError:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.LagartoBasedHtmlParser

> Any hints?  Is there other information I should provide?

What happens if you use the standard JMeter binary distribution, i.e.
download and unpack the archive.
Does that work OK?

> Should I be contacting the Debian package maintainer?

If the standard JMeter binary distribution works, and the Debian
package does not, then it seems likely that there is an issue in the
Debian package which should be reported to the maintainer.