jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User function loading issues under OpenJDK 1.7.0_65 under CentOS?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 00:21:28 GMT
On 8 October 2014 11:47, Dave Newton <davelnewton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7 October 2014 16:27, Dave Newton <davelnewton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On a CentOS box user JDK 1.7.0_65 the functions do not get picked up.
>> I note that CentOS is running Java 6 whereas on OSX you used Java 7.
>
> Actually under CentOS it's running under Java 7:
>
>> >     $ java -version
>> >     java version "1.7.0_65"
>> >     OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.5.1.2.el6_5-x86_64 u65-b17)
>> >     OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

Sorry, I misread your mail.

>> Do the added functions actually work?
>
> Yes, > > Everything works fine under OS X, both JDK 7 and JDK 8.
>
>> Do you have any other OSes you can try?
>> Other JVMs - e.g. Java 7 - on CentOS?
>
> Not at the immediate moment, but it's on my TODO list.
>
> As of right now, the bottom line is that the functions aren't picked
> up under Java 7 on CentOS.

In which case, it looks like there is an issue with the way the JVM
handles the JMeter class scanning.
This could be a bug in either (or both).

Further investigtion of the source looks to be the next stage.
But it would first be worthwhile enabling debug logging for the class scanner:

log_level.jorphan.reflect=DEBUG

Compare the outputs to see where the CentOS JVM behaves differently.