jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: counting threads
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:18:07 GMT
Hi,

The execution percentages exceed 100%. I have no idea how JMeter handles
such an edge case as I've always avoided it and it can be accomplished in
multiple different ways.

If you tightly want to control the workload: x% of users execute use-case 1
(i.e. browse), y% of users execute use-case 2 (i.e. shop), etc, etc... then
I would recommend configuring 1 thread group per use case and balance the
number of requests by changing the number of threads each group has and the
timers accordingly (or maybe consider the throughput timer and configure
actual number of requests per minute per thread group).

Back to the question you asked, yes it is possible even with your setup,
just increment a variable per thread, if it reaches max no. of workflows,
then increment a property (variables are local, the prop is global;
concurrency will be an issue you'd have to workaround). You can consider
jmeter's plugins or the beanshell server (
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html). At the end of the
test you can run a debug sampler to get the value, or you can maybe write a
log entry.

But first find a different way to trigger the probability that a single
user executes a part of the scenario you planned (again, my recommendation
would be to avoid it altogether and instead focus on defining user groups
with different behaviours that together create the total load you'd see
once the application runs with real users, both in terms of total users and
in terms of number of hits per page/component).

--Adrian S