jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what is the use of assertion
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 16:29:28 GMT
>BUT, assertions are relatively expensive in JMeter - meaning they add a
lot of test of processing to the script, and slow down throughput of
JMeter...They are like 'seasonings' - not too much, or you'll overpower
your test.

In my experience , much easier to get more JMeter machines and to add
assertions into the test that give me a degree of confidence that the test
did indeed do what it was supposed to. Much harder to figure out why only
995 users exist in the DB when my test shows 1000 created successfully. I
consider these essential ingredients rather than seasonings (though some
assertions might be redundant and not needed)