jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMETER performance - Processes & threads
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:42:27 GMT
most likely memory - If your OS has enough spare memory and you start up 1
JVM with for e.g. 1GB RAM heap , it will be slower than if you start 2 JVM
with the same memory (so effectively 1*2 =2GB RAM).
You might get the same result by simply increasing your memory when you
start up your JVM (the Xms and Xmx parameters). - Just a guess - only you
have access to your machine

But its also likely that your system isnt actually able to generate that
much load if you are seeing the swing you are seeing - What is the response
time as seen by your browser on a totally different machine while your
Jmeter is showing 30 seconds average? if its much lower (note compare
apples to apples i.e. look at the indvidual requests using something like
firebug and network tab rather than page render times) then you have an
issue