jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Burkamper <jac...@cipafilter.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Testing with Multiple IPs per server
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:28:35 GMT
Yes, I used the source address field of the HTTP sampler to change the
source IP address.

I have a CSV file with username, password, and IP address combinations in
it.

I am in a linux (Ubuntu) environment.

Before I start the test, I use a linux shell script to parse the same CSV
file that the test uses, and that shell script adds all the IP addresses to
the interface of the machine. Then, when jmeter runs it connects to my web
service using the username, password, and source IP address specified by
the CSV. I realize I can simply change the CSV per server and manually
deploy that file and the test config file to multiple units, and then
manually start the tests. However, this has the disadvantage of requiring
me to push any changes to the test scenario manually, which can make
troubleshooting somewhat cumbersome. I would much rather be able to simply
click a button in the jmeter GUI and have it automatically distribute and
begin the tests, if this is at all possible.

Could I perhaps change the CSV path based on the jmeter server's hostname
or something similar? Then I could just maintain a CSV with appropriate IP
addresses for each server, and still use the jmeter GUI for test management.