jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Burkamper <jac...@cipafilter.com>
Subject Distributed Testing with Multiple IPs per server
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 01:43:09 GMT
Hello!

I am attempting to use jmeter to test a web service which will return
differing results based on the IP address which sent the request, as well
as potentially behave differently depending on the number of IP addresses
active in the last few minutes.

I have successfully used jmeter as a single client to simulate
approximately 500 users, all with unique IP addresses. However, the single
client is unable to scale any higher than this, and I need to be able to
test with potentially thousands of users.

Therefore, I have acquired more physical hardware, with the intent to use
jmeter's distributed testing capability. The trouble I am having is that I
can not seem to figure out how to have each individual server use a
different IP list.

What I would like is something like this:

Server1 runs tests with 500 users, using IP addresses from the 10.1.0.0/16
range.
Server2 runs tests with 500 users, using IP addresses from the 10.2.0.0/16
range.
Server3 runs tests with 500 users, using IP addresses from the 10.3.0.0/16
range.

All other parameters of the test remain the same. Is there some way to
accomplish this, or to at least come close?