jmeter-user mailing list archives

From rxfillpharm <rxfillph...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: JMETER performance - Processes & threads
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:08:59 GMT
Thank you Deepak.

Should I be concerned about memory on the jmeter client, or on the server?

Regarding the system handling that much load, where is the issue-- on the machine
jmeter is running or on my application server?
I am running the exact same test, just changing the number of threads:

TRIAL ONE:
   one jmeter session running 100 threads by 1 run.   100 seconds

TRIAL TWO:
   two jmeter sessions (different unix windows) running 50 threads by 1 run each.    30 seconds
each

On Wed, 10/29/14, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: JMETER performance - Processes & threads
 To: "JMeter Users List" <user@jmeter.apache.org>
 Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:42 PM

 most likely memory - If
 your OS has enough spare memory and you start up 1
 JVM with for e.g. 1GB RAM heap , it will be
 slower than if you start 2 JVM
 with the same
 memory (so effectively 1*2 =2GB RAM).
 You
 might get the same result by simply increasing your memory
 when you
 start up your JVM (the Xms and Xmx
 parameters). - Just a guess - only you
 have
 access to your machine

 But
 its also likely that your system isnt actually able to
 generate that
 much load if you are seeing
 the swing you are seeing - What is the response
 time as seen by your browser on a totally
 different machine while your
 Jmeter is
 showing 30 seconds average? if its much lower (note
 compare
 apples to apples i.e. look at the
 indvidual requests using something like
 firebug and network tab rather than page render
 times) then you have an
 issue

 On
 Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM, rxfillpharm <rxfillpharm@yahoo.com.invalid>
 wrote:

 Hi,
 > I hope someone can clarify a jmeter
 performance question.

 > I have a test that simulates user
 sign-ins.

 > When I
 run jmeter in a unix process with 100 threads, the average
 speed is
 > 100sec.
 >
 > When I run 2 separate
 unix processes with 50 threads each, starting each
 second of each other,  the average speed is @ 30 secs.

 > What is going on
 here?  What is the bottleneck in the 100 thread process