jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tim Koopmans <...@flood.io>
Subject Re: default JMeter caching
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:01:45 GMT
You might find our blog post on this useful:
https://flood.io/blog/18-understanding-the-jmeter-cache

You might also want to double check your varnish config (and that it is
actually caching responses from the backend / origin servers). I like to
add debug headers so you can view hit/miss stats from the client -- see
slide 25 in my presentation here
http://www.slideshare.net/90kts/caching-with-varnish-9864681 -- sometimes
other things can cause varnish not to cache, like presence of cookies in
the request headers etc.

Then you can manually verify what JMeter is or isn't doing with a view
results tree listener in the GUI first -- before running an actual load
test with listeners disabled etc.

Regards,

Tim Koopmans
+61 3 9221 6309